Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Sadness

I came across this bit recently. I don't normally get involved in PC(USA) politics and am not qualified to comment directly on this issue except to say that this is one of my fears in the PCC. Without pointing fingers, the whole Trinity (Oro) / Connexus thing needs to be looked at otherwise we as a denomination could potentially be headed for similar tragedies.

Perhaps others who read this will have more knowledge of the actual motion but I think that the general principle applies - there are good ways of dealing with conflict and bad ways. Sucking up thousands if not hundreds of thousands of dollars fighting about physical buildings seems to me to be a bad way of dealing with conflict, especially when you consider that the call of the Gospel is to go forth into the world as peacemakers, feeding the hungry and loving the unlovable.

No comments: